Bullying (on and off the race course)
Child Protection and Safety
Health & Safety
Safety is a key part of a successful programme. Here are some rules for our dock:
- Lifejackets/Personal Floatation Devices (PFD) MUST be worn. No class at the Academy is run without wearing a lifejacket/PFD. We do have some extra PFDs on hand for children. All adult course have self-inflating lifejackets provided.
- Shoes: The RBYC has a working dock. Shoes must be worn, they should be non-slip, with a back and can get wet. We do not encourage flip-flops for younger students.
- Sun Protection: We are a SunSmart certified camp. Please bring sunscreen, hat, and wear sun protective clothing. We limit exposure for the students in the summer months.
- First Aid: All our RYA instructors have current First Aid certificates approved by the RYA. We ask our students to submit a medical waiver once a year, which is kept confidential.
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated! Please bring a ‘labelled’ water bottle to class. We have water containers on property to refill.
Sailing Academy Instructor
The RYA is the UK qualifying body for all things sailing. Here at the RGYC in Gibraltar we are able to provide RYA Training by fully qualified RYA Instructors in what are generally dry, sunny days in clear warm waters so why freeze!
RYA courses available at the Royal Gibraltar Yacht Club:
Sailing RYA Level 1
RYA Level 2
Basic Skills Stages 1, 2, 3, 4
RYA Module 1
RYA Module 2
RYA Module 3
Sailing with Spinnakers
Join us for a fun & safe RYA Powerboating course available at both Level 1 and 2. This is an internationally recognized designation.
RYA Power Boat Level 1
RYA Power Boat Level 2
RYA Safety Boat